Welcome to George or Chris’s premier real estate website
serving Buffalo Grove, Vernon Hills, Lake Zurich, Hawthorne Woods, Highland Park, Lake Forest, Barrington, Palatine, Arlington Heights, and surrounding areas, IL .
Are you thinking of buying a home in the?
Finding the right home can be a difficult process but no matter what you are looking for as an experienced Buffalo Grove, IL
real estate agent I can provide you with the resources you need to make the home buying process simpler, from specific neighborhood information
, to tools to
estimate your mortgage payments
, and buyer resources and articles
that will help you through the home buying
Tips for first time home buyers:
Things to look for inside the house and questions to ask:
Thinking about selling? 15% Cash Back when you close
- does the property need updating - if so how much will this cost
- is the property in a conservation area or a listed building and could this restrict any future alterations
- are the rooms big enough for your needs
- what is included in the sale - for example land, garage, furniture, fittings
- are the views good enough
- what is the cost of rates and the average costs of utility bills such as electricity or gas
- why are the sellers moving
- does the house have full central heating and if so how old is it
- how is the water heated
- have there been any problems with the boiler and when was it last serviced by a skilled engineer
- if there is a loft, has this been insulated and if so how long ago
- does the property have cavity wall insulation
- has the property been altered in any way and if so are the relevant planning and building control consents available to see
- is there any sign of subsidence such as major cracks in the walls or the doors sticking
- is there a smell of damp or any other sign such as the walls feeling damp, the wallpaper peeling/paint bubbling, watermarks or mould
- do the window frames have cracking paint? (if you can press your finger easily into the wood it's rotten)
- has the room recently been decorated and if so why (a problem might lie underneath)
- how much storage space is there
- are there enough power points and how old do they look
- does it feel like it could be your home
matter which market you're in, you can use the marketing programs and experience of a qualified real
estate agent like me to help sell your home quickly and at the right price. Learn more about my service
, see information
about recent home sales,
or contact me to get started
Why you should sell now?
1.) Demand Is High
The most recent Existing Home Sales Report by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) showed a 17.2 percent increase in sales over July 2012; sales have remained above year-ago levels for 25 months. There are buyers out there right now and they are serious about purchasing.
2.) Supply Is Beginning to Increase
Total housing inventory last month rose 5.6% to 2.28 million homes for sale. This represents a 5.1-month supply at the current sales pace, compared with 4.3 months in January. Many expect inventory to continue to rise as 3.2 million homeowners escaped the shackles of negative equity in the last 12 months and an additional 1.9 million are expected to enter positive equity in the next 12 months. Selling now while demand is high and before supply increases may garner you your best price.
3.) New Construction Is Coming Back
Over the last several years, most homeowners selling their home did not have to compete with a new construction project around the block. As the market is recovering, more and more builders are jumping back in. These ‘shiny’ new homes will again become competition as they are an attractive alternative for many purchasers.
4.) Interest Rates Are Rising
According to Freddie Mac’s Primary Mortgage Market Survey, interest rates for a 30-year mortgage have shot up to 4.57% which represents a jump of more than a full point since the beginning of the year. The Mortgage Bankers Association, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the National Association of Realtors are in unison projecting that rates will continue to climb.
Whether you are moving up or moving down, your housing expense will be more a year from now if a mortgage is necessary to purchase your next home.
5.) It’s Time to Move On with Your Life
Look at the reason you are thinking about selling and decide whether it is worth waiting. Is the possibility of a few extra dollars more important than being with family; more important than your health; more important than having the freedom to go on with your life the way you think you should?
You already know the answers to the questions we just asked. You have the power to take back control of your situation by putting the house on the market today. The time may have come for you and your family to move on and start living the life you desire. That is what is truly important.Are you interested in more area details?
Please take a minute and browse my local neighborhood
and school details, real estate mortgage information and
interactive maps for the real estate market.
Thank you for visiting www.gcpropertygroup.com! This is a one-stop real estate website for all your home
buying and selling needs in. I’m a professional real estate agent
who will help make your search for a new
home an enjoyable experience.
I encourage you to check out my website for local neighborhood and school details, mortgage information,
interactive maps,listings of properties of homes for sale
, plus many more features.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about the Buffalo Grove, IL real
estate market, or buying or selling a home in Buffalo Grove, IL.